How to sign up for Google Analytics
In the following tutorial we explain how you can sign up for Google Analytics and how to add Google Analytics to Flothemes. You can then use this code to track your website performance and gather important analytics on how it performs. The following steps explain how to sign up:
- First make sure to have a Google Account. If you haven’t got a Google Account, click here to Create an account.
- If you have a Google Analytics account for your existing site click here to login, then skip to step 5.
If you go not have an account click here and go to Google Analytics.
Note: Make sure your are signed in to your Google Account.
- Go to the top right corner and click “Sign Up for Free”, then click “Sign up”
- Fill in your Account Name, Website Name, Website URL (make sure to choose the correct option HTTP or HTTPS it’s important), and select an Industry Category and Reporting Time Zone.
- Under Data Sharing Options, check the boxes next to the options that you want.
- Click Get Tracking ID.
- From the Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement that opens, click I Accept.
- Then copy the full analytics code and add it to your site.
With the newest themes, go to Flothemes > Introduction, and then go to Google Analytics Tracking code and paste the full code:
For your convenience, we have also recorded a short video on how to set up G.A. and how to apply it within your Theme.