Blog Posts Page
At Flothemes we strive to create unique themes and functionality that gives you more than the standard WordPress features. So when it comes down to creating a Blog Page it is no different. There are 2 ways to create a Blog Page.
1. The Old Way – not recommended
2. The New Way – recommended
Blog Listing Archive (The Old Way)
For a long time WordPress users would go to Settings – Reading to assign a Blog Page to their website.
While this process still works it is not recommended with Flothemes specifically, and there are several reasons for this:
1. Restricted pages design capabilities
2. It leaves a section for “archives” to show – which is aesthetically not the best
3. Layout will have to come from the Flotheme – Pages – Archive Page section that does not include a Page Builder, therefore less options to customize.
Blog Listing Template (The New Way)
The Blog Listing Page Template is our new and improved version of the standard Blog page. You can find this template in the Pages – Templates section.
Hover over one the Listing Templates, and you will be able to preview a zoomed in overview of the page layout if you click on Quick View. This will help you get a better idea of what the layout includes.
When you have decided on a layout, click on Apply Template and the selected Template will be activated.
From there, simply follow along with adding content to all the different Content Block available within the layout.
You can find more information on the Listing Page Template here.