There are 2 different Block Types offered within the Page Builder:
1. Standalone Blocks – blocks that are independent, have their own content area, and are not related to any other section of the website like Blog, Galleries, or Flotheme section.
2. Placeholder Blocks – these blocks are connected directly to other sections of the website e.g. Blog, Header, Galleries, Footer, etc.
As briefly mentioned above, Standalone Blocks are blocks that are not connected in any way to other sections of the website. The blocks can be simple Text or Image Blocks, or more complex blocks with Pricing structures, Submission Forms, etc.
Below is a short list of possible Standalone Blocks.
– Buttons block
– Image block
– Text block
– Image + Text block
– FAQ’s block
– Intro block
– Video block
– Testimonials block
– etc. blocks can vary from theme to theme
Placeholder Blocks are more complex than Standalone as their settings are also tied to another section. A Few examples of Placeholder Blocks are:
– WP Content and WP Title – these two blocks are connected to the standard Page Title field and WordPress Content text area.
– Blog / Gallery Listing blocks – these blocks cannot function without pulling content from Galleries or Blog Posts. Therefore, it is obligatory that you create several Posts or Galleries in order for it to work. When selecting this Block, you first need to choose the type of content to showcase – Blog Posts or Galleries and then make other adjustments.